Thursday, November 10, 2011

One Year!


I can’t believe it's been a year since Kellen and I got married!

November 6, 2010

So we tried the top layer of our cake, it had been frozen for the year...Looks can be decieving, it was actually really good. I don't remember trying it on our wedding day, so Im really glad my mom saved it for us. :)



Ive leared a lot this past year. It’s been a year of adjustments…

-The first couple of months I had the hardest time sleeping; I wasn’t used to sharing a bed, especially with a boy!
- I have learned ans still learning that I have to rely on Christ and seek Him in knowing how to love and support my husband. (Media, and my expectations are pretty much always going to be unmet.)
-Im learning how to love unselfishly...only through Christ.
-I’ve learned that it’s a blessing to be able to share life with your best friend, and LOVE having someone to come home to.
-It’s been wonderful not to have to worry about having to find someone to fix small things around the house, or take care of the cars.
-I’ve learned that communication is hard…but, we are getting better at it. J

I think the biggest thing I have learned through marriage is that I have caught a small glimpse of God’s love through Kellen. See the thing is, I’m not the easiest person to live with, I get cranky, hurt, upset, tired, and my emotions can get a little out of hand. However, Killen’s love for me doesn’t waiver. It is constant. He has shown me unconditional love, when I least deserve it, much like Christ.

Kellen, thank you for showing me God’s love.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary and many more! It only gets better and better!! :)

    ReplyDelete