Friday, October 28, 2011

Birthday Fun...


This past Wednesday, October 26th, was my birthday. Now, this birthday was different from the 27 other birthdays I have celebrated…because this was my first birthday as a married gal! I must say, my husband did an incredible job making me feel so special!!

The day started with him making a special breakfast with pancakes and bacon, and then right before I left for work, he surprised me with a band for my wedding ring! What a sweet surprise. It was a birthday/1st Anniversary Gift.

Then, after work, he picked me up and we went to the Menil Art Museum…if you are in Houston, you should check this one out…it’s a hidden gem…and FREE! J I love going to art museums. Right now we are in class learning about the fall of Assyria, and looking at the History in that region, so I was a bit fascinated by the ancient sculptures. Kel even gave me a little history lesson along the way. J (He’s so much smarter than I am. Hehe)


We then went to the Hobbit CafĂ©, I had been to this place once, and wanted Kellen to experience it. It’s a small cottage, with pictures and figurines of hobbits all over the place…I know, quirky, but unique. There food is really great, it’s all natural and healthy, (like you have to pay extra for French fries or onion rings) we shared some blackened tilapia…and a huge piece of carrot cake (not healthy J ). Here is a picture, it’s horrible and blurry but it’s the only one of the night.










Low and behold, there was another surprise for me waiting. When I walked in the front door, Kellen had placed a post it note with clues for lil’ gifts he had hidden all over the house. J I love his thoughtfulness! I got a self healing cutting board and rotary cutter so I can start cutting!! J

I think this was my favorite birthday... ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment