Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Our Response: Prayer.

On Saturday, August 6th, Kel and I joined 30,000 people at "The Response". I had heard about the gathering from friends, and looked up the website: A day of prayer and fasting for our country...with politicians?  I must say, we were both a little skeptical, not knowing at all what to expect, even the website was extremely vague. However, we made the trek down to Reliant, to check it out.

Once we exited the freeway, I saw people lining the streets with signs, shouting as we drove by. Protesters. Their signs read, "There is no God", "Where is the Love?" , "Hatred isn't a family value", "Why Pray?". Immediately, i just began waving, and smiling as we drove down the street and into the stadium. I quickly felt tears rolling down my face, I wasn't mad or angry at them...I was hurting for them. I was broken for them. I felt sad, somewhere along their journey, they ran into someone who proclaimed to be a Christ follower, who treated them wrong, so wrong that they felt the need to protest. I was shocked at how much my heart ached for them, and how much I wanted them to know love from Christ AND His followers.

As we joined the others in the stadium, and spent hours in prayer and worship.It was an overwhelming experience, a small glimpse of what heaven will be like, singing with thousands and thousands of people, worshiping the throne of God. And yes, I prayed for revival to spread over our nation, strength and direction for political leaders, and justice to reign in our country...but, I think I spent most of the day praying for the protesters, and asking God to bring redemption to their hearts.

Here are a few pics we took:


Governor Rick Perry
Look there, its our friends John and Rob, in a crowd of 30, 000...they were a few rows down!



US! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment