Sunday, July 31, 2011

Congrats Glenn and Lesley

Im so excited, my brother Glenn, and his girlfriend, Lesley just got engaged!
 He did a wonderful job on the proposal, he even hired a photographer to capture the moment:
My parents had a little get together for them with all their friends, so of course I wanted to have some fun decorating! I had seen a couple ideas online that I wanted to try out. 

One was yarn balls....not balls of yarn!
This is a simple craft, but messy...fun and messy!

Items needed:
yarn (I used 2 different colors)
a bag of balloons: I used 5 inch round balloons to make smaller yarn balls
Mod Podge, see my last post on how to make homemade CHEAP mod podge

Instructions:
1. Blow up, and tie a balloon. I only blew it up a little, because I wanted it to be round, and not oblong.
2. Did the yarn in the mod podge mixture.
3. Begin wrapping the balloon with the yarn. You want to leave areas where the balloon is not completely covered. 
4. After you have the balloon covered as much as you wish, squeeze the excess glue off of the yarn ball.
5. leave out overnight to dry.
6. Once the ball is completely dry, you can take a pin and pop the balloon.

Whaala!
You have a yarn ball.



You can place them on the table for decoration, hang them from fishing string, place them in a basket...let your creative juices flow!!

The engagement lunch was so much fun, while I was busy decorating, my love was makin the burgers!
Happy Engagement Glen and Les...we love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment